Carrie Underwood, David Cook expected to appear as "American Idol" producer Simon Fuller gets Hollywood Walk of Fame star
“American Idol” champions Carrie Underwood and David Cook, who both have Oklahoma ties, will be among the celebrities on hand Monday when “Idol” creator, TV producer and artist manager Simon Fuller receives his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
“Idol” judge Jennifer Lopez, the top 13 contestants from the show’s 10th season and Victoria Beckham also are expected to be on hand Monday morning as Fuller is honored with the 2,441st Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in the category of television, according to WalkofFame.com.
Celebrating his 25th year in show biz, Fuller has been certified by Billboard Magazine as the most successful British manager of all time, selling 360 million albums by stars that include Underwood, Cook, Annie Lennox, Kelly Clarkson, Spice Girls, Gary Barlow, Amy Winehouse, Daughtry, Adam Lambert and No.1 hit songwriter Cathy Dennis. In 2010, Apple and iTunes publicly recognized Fuller for his achievement in selling more than 250 million downloads on iTunes, making him the biggest music manager of the digital age.
“American Idol,” the multi-billion dollar TV format created by Fuller, has aired in more than 120 countries
and established new records in audience size and interaction. In addition, 100 million votes were cast in last year’s “American Idol” finale. “Idol” has also created a landmark charitable event, “Idol Gives Back,” which has raised more than $185 million to date for U.S. and global charities and won Fuller an Emmy Award.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10394Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9157Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5761Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4888Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4371Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4162How to help tornado victims
- 4108Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4097OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4009Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 3995Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients