What to do in Oklahoma on May 29, 2011: Hear Motley Crue, Poison and more close out Rocklahoma 2011 in Pryor
Today’s featured event:
PRYOR – Hear Motley Crue, Poison, Black Label Society and many other modern rock and ’80s hair bands on the final day of Rocklahoma. Music begins at noon=at the “Catch the Fever” Festival Grounds in Pryor.
“We’re the originator,” Poison frontman Bret Michaels told The Oklahoman’s Gene Triplett in a recent phone interview from his Scottsdale, Ariz., ranch.
“The first year they did it, when everyone (in Poison) was a little reluctant to do it, I said I think we need a festival like this. In other words, we need a fun festival; we can all go play, have fun. And Poison was the first band to headline. We were the headliner for the first Rocklahoma, and it was hugely successful.
“And then we came back the second year, and I came back solo. … And that was unbelievably great. And I did a big dedication to the military that night, and it was awesome, and then I believe we skipped last year, and then we’re back this year with Motley on the closing night.”
For more information, go to www.rocklahoma.com.
For more events, go to www.wimgo.com.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17023OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 16448Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 12708Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12580Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9471Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7819Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7691Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7125Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6963Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
- 6749Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients