What to do in Oklahoma on May 31, 2011: Spend an evening with 2 Oklahoma documentary filmmakers
Today’s featured event:
NORMAN – Hear two female documentary filmmakers will share their experiences relating stories of two very different topics at the “A CAN Evening with Amina and Stefanie,” sponsored by Cinematic Artists of Norman. Amina Benalioulhaj and Stefanie Leland will discuss their deadCenter Film Festival-selected documentaries beginning at 6:30 tonight at the Norman Train Depot, 200 S Jones. The event is open to the public.
Benalioulhaj is a graduate of the University of Oklahoma’s Women’s and Gender Studies Program in the OU College of Arts and Sciences. Upon reading the research of Presidential Professor Susan Sharp, she decided to make a film about the women and children affected by incarceration in Oklahoma. The documentary “Women Behind Bars” will show at this month’s deadCenter Film Festival. For information on “Women Behind Bars” go to http://womenbehindbarsthefilm.com.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients