New Country Music Hall of Famer Reba McEntire featured on Country Weekly cover
Oklahoma native Reba McEntire, who hails from Chockie, recently realized the ultimate goal of any country entertainer, her election into the Country Music Hall of Fame. The redheaded songstress is featured on the cover of the June 13 issue of Country Weekly magazine, on sale today.
“To have my bronze plaque on the wall with all my heroes and people who I’ve learned and studied from all these years, that’s a dream come true,” Reba said on the red carpet prior to the induction ceremony.
Reba was inducted along with Pauls Valley-born legend Jean Shepard and songwriter Bobby Braddock in a ceremony filled with tribute performances by fellow Oklahomans including Vince Gill, Garth Brooks, Trisha Yearwood, Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert and Reba’s sister Susie McEntire-Eaton. Others participating in the ceremony were Martina McBride, Kelly Clarkson and several other stars.
The Country Weekly story gives the details of the Medallion Ceremony, and you can read The Oklahoman columnist Bryan Painter’s report from Nashville by clicking here.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients