Wednesday Video Spotlight: "Footloose" remake trailer debuts
The first trailer for Paramount Pictures’ long-awaited remake of the 1984 dance drama “Footloose” has debuted.
From the looks of the trailer, the do-over stays pretty faithful to the story of the first “Footloose,” which starred Kevin Bacon as a Chicago teen who moves to a rural Southern community that has a law prohibiting dancing.
The ’84 film was loosely based on actual events in Elmore City, where students in 1980 convinced the school board to let them organize the school’s first prom, despite an 80-year-old city ordinance banning public dancing. The Oklahoma farming community marked the 30th anniversary of the first prom last year.
In the remake, newcomer Kenny Wormald plays the lead role of Ren, which made Bacon a star. Playing his love interest Ariel (the role originated by Lori Singer) is country singer/reality TV dancing machine Julianne Hough.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16150OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14605Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10995Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9399Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 9121'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 8921Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7695Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7584Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7477Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7078Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients