Video: David Cook performs "The Last Goodbye" on "Today"
“American Idol” winner and former Tulsan David Cook performed his latest single, “The Last Goodbye,” this morning on the “Today” show in New York City.
“The Last Goodbye” is the lead-off single from his sophomore album, “This Loud Morning,” out today on 19 Recordings/RCA Records. He also chatted with “Today” co-host Ann Curry about the making of the album, which he said was a kind of therapeutic process after the death of his brother, Adam, of a brain tumor.
Executive produced by Matt Serletic (Rob Thomas, Matchbox Twenty, Collective Soul), “This Loud Morning” features tracks written and co-written by Cook along with many acclaimed songwriters including, Tulsa native Ryan Tedder, David Hodges, Johnny Rzeznik, Kevin Griffin and Marti Frederiksen.
Cook also will perform Thursday on “Lopez Tonight,” airing at 11 p.m. on TBS.
Look for my review of “This Loud Morning” in the coming days here on BAM’s Blog, on NewsOK and in The Oklahoman.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18759Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10409Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9339Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7780Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6796UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6582Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6410Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6209Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5448Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients