Video: "The Voice" semifinalists to go on tour in summer
NBC is sending its break out reality TV hit on the road this summer.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the network is planning a tour featuring its eight semifinalists: Beverly McClellan, Vicci Martinez, Dia Frampton, Javier Colon, Nakia, Xenia, Casey Weston and Frenchie Davis. Check out this video of the semifinalists performing a George Michael tribute on last Wednesday’s episode of “The Voice.”
The four remaining finalists – McClellan, Martinez, Frampton and Colon – will again be featured from 8 to 10 tonight on the last live performance episode of the season. The winner will be announced during the season finale from 7 to 8 p.m. Wednesday. Follow my live blog of both episodes here at BAM’s Blog.
The tour will not include the show’s four all-star musician-coaches, country music star Blake Shelton, pop belter Christina Aguilera, Gnarls Barkley singer Cee Lo Green and Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine. Citing multiple unnamed sources, the trade publication reports that organizers for the Live Nation tour wanted the chart-topping, genre-crossing foursome to join the show’s contestants but talks apparently broke down over compensation.
I imagine that scheduling difficulties also were a factor in keeping at least half of the coaching panel off “The Voice” tour. Shelton is opening for Brad Paisley’s “H2O II: Wetter & Wilder World Tour” all this summer and into the fall. Paisley is set to perform his duet with Shelton, “Don’t Drink the Water,” on tonight’s episode of “The Voice,” airing from 8 to 10 p.m. on NBC.
Likewise, Maroon 5 has a full summer and fall tour slate with Train, including a Sept. 22 date at Oklahoma City’s Zoo Amphitheater. Train frontman Pat Monahan will perform a duet with “The Voice” finalist Martinez during Wednesday’s season finale, airing from 7 to 8 p.m. on NBC (KFOR-4 in Oklahoma City).
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 46837Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15035Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9615Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8305Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8125Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7398Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7351Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6838Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6723Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 5826How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients