Movie based on Stephenie Meyer's "The Host" due in theaters in 2013
Open Road Films has announced that the film adaptation of “The Host” — “Twilight” writer Stephenie Meyer’s 2008 sci-fi novel — will be released in theaters on March 29, 2013.
The film is set to star Saoirse Ronan (“Atonement,” “Hanna”) as a young woman whose body is taken over by the soul of an alien. It will begin shooting in Louisiana and New Mexico in February, reports EW.com.
Writer-director Andrew Niccol will adapt the novel and helm the film. His previous credits as a writer-director include “Gattaca” and “Lord of War.” He also wrote one of my all-time favorite films, “The Truman Show.”
Here is the synopsis for the book “The Host”:
Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away.
Our world has been invaded by an unseen enemy. Humans become hosts for these invaders, their minds taken over while their bodies remain intact and continue their lives apparently unchanged. Most of humanity has succumbed.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10625Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9988Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9782Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6778Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4215Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4087Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3968Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3762Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 3633OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients