Video: Behind the scenes of the Flaming Lips' "I Wanna Get High But I Don't Want Brain Damage" video
Oklahoma City-based psychedelic rockers The Flaming Lips recently worked with Providence, R.I.-based experimental rockers Lightning Bolt on a 12-inch, four-track collaborative release. The trippy-as-you-should-expect music video for one of their joint efforts, “I Wanna Get High But I Don’t Want Brain Damage,” was crafted by Oklahoma City’s Delo Creative and is now available to barrage your senses – in a good way.
In addition, Delo Creative has released a brief behind-the-scenes video of head Lip Wayne Coyne, whose mouth dominates the music video. (I shouldn’t have to tell you this because it’s Wayne Coyne, but this making-of video is probably NSFW. I guess it depends on where you work, but the name of the song should be some indication of where Wayne’s stream-of-consciousness conversation is going here.)
The Lips are set to headline the inaugural Brady District Block Party Saturday, Aug. 6 in the Tulsa arts district. The event also will feature Primus, Mutemath, Civil Twilight, AWOLNATION and more. Click here for more information.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13061Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11652Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5853Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5268Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4352Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4093Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4013How to help tornado victims
- 3642Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3374Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients