See: Extended trailer for "Talihina Sky: The Story of the Kings of Leon," debuting Sunday on Showtime
The warts-and-all documentary “Talihina Sky: The Story of Kings of Leon” will premiere at 9 p.m. Sunday on Showtime and air repeatedly through the end of August on Showtime, Showtime Showcase and Sho 2. The band has released an extended trailer for the rock doc.
“Talihina Sky,” which follows the band as it travels to a family reunion in Talihina, tells the story of the brothers Caleb, Nathan and Jared Followill, who spent their childhood traveling the Bible Belt between Oklahoma and Tennessee with their itinerant Pentecostal preacher father, Leon. Despite their strict upbringing, they formed the rock band Kings of Leon in 1999 with their cousin, Matthew Followill.
Caleb and Jared were both born in Mt. Juliet, Tenn., while Nathan and Matthew were born in Oklahoma City. The band is now based in Tennessee, but the group received in spring the Rising Star Award from the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame.
The title of the film is drawn from a hidden track on the Grammy-winning family band’s 2003 debut album, “Youth and Young Manhood,” which in turn is taken from the Oklahoma town where the multiplatinum rockers attend an annual family reunion. The reunion serves as a catalyst to explore the band’s roots and the difficulties they faced growing up. Home movies, childhood photos and revealing interviews with family members — including a colorful group of parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins — expose how the influence of their family has informed the creativity that drives Kings of Leon today.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients