Kings of Leon's Jared Followill smashes car through neighbor's garage door
Jared Followill, bassist for rockers Kings of Leon, who have Oklahoma ties, apparently crashed his car into his neighbor’s garage earlier this week on a dare from Nick Brown of fellow Nashville, Tenn.-based band Mona.
Followill detailed their exploits in a series of posts on Twitter @youngfollowill:
“Ran my SUV through my neighbor’s garage door at 2am. Lucky me, I bought the house a couple weeks ago. Unlucky me, my hood is destroyed.”
“All the doors were locked & it seemed like the best option to get inside after @nickbrownMONA punched all the windows out & cut his hand.”
“I wasn’t drinking. It was a dare. I obliged my audience.”
Apparently, Followill already was planning to tear down the house and “started with the garage.”
“The house is going to be demolished in a couple of weeks. Why does the construction company get to have all the fun?” he tweeted.
No worries, it’s not like Followill will be walking: He posted today on Twitter a picture of the black 1970 GTO he just bought.
I guess that’s rock ‘n’ roll for ya.
Jared Followill and his brothers Caleb and Nathan who spent their childhood traveling the Bible Belt between Oklahoma and Tennessee with their itinerant Pentecostal preacher father, Leon. Despite their strict upbringing, they formed Kings of Leon in 1999 with their cousin, Matthew Followill.
Caleb and Jared were both born in Mt. Juliet, Tenn., while Nathan and Matthew were born in Oklahoma City. The band is now based in Tennessee, but the group received in spring the Rising Star Award from the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19478Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17081OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14402Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9893Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9505Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7874Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7743Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7139Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6156Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 5570Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients