Greyson Chance makes Billboard's "21 Under 21" list again
For the second year, Edmond singer/songwriter/pianist Greyson Chance, 14, has made Billboard’s “21 Under 21,” its annual list of music’s most powerful minors.
The teen music sensation is ranked No. 15 on the trade publication’s list. He was listed at No. 9 last year, when his voice-and-piano cover of Lady Gaga’s “Paparazzi” went viral on YouTube, leading to his signing as the first artist on Ellen DeGeneres’ boutique label eleveneleven.
Billboard.com this year has dubbed Greyson “the thinking man’s Justin Bieber.”
“Armed with classical training, a way-beyond-his-years voice and a knack for emotional songwriting, Greyson Chance has built upon the overnight success he gained when his cover of Lady Gaga’s ‘Paparazzi’ earned 43 million YouTube views,” is Billboard.com’s assessment.
Greyson released his debut album “Hold On ‘Til the Night” in August. Inspired by Snow Patrol and Coldplay, the album featured the singles “Waiting Outside the Lines” (9 million YouTube views) and “Unfriend You” (6 million YouTube views). He will try to widen that audience even more with an upcoming “massive touring block,” according to Billboard.com.
The Oklahoma teen has ties to two other youths on the “21 Under 21″ roster: He toured with 14-year-old Aussie heartthrob Cody Simpson (No. 13 on the list) earlier this year, and he worked with 19-year-old Nick Jonas (No. 8 ) in the youngest Jonas Brother’s capacity as a songwriter.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 35920Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15377Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9806Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9680Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7926Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7748Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7269Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6212Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6004UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients