Co-hosts Kristin Chenoweth and Trace Adkins, plus Blake Shelton, Pistol Annies, Thompson Square and more to perform on American Country Awards
The second American Country Awards will feature plenty of performers with Oklahoma ties.
Along with co-hosting Trace Adkins and Broken Arrow native Kristin Chenoweth are set to make music on the awards show, and the performance lineup also includes country music stars Blake Shelton, an Ada native who lives in Tishomingo; the Pistol Annies, the all-girl trio that includes Shelton’s wife and fellow Tishomingo resident Miranda Lambert; Thompson Square, which includes Miami, OK, native Keifer Thompson; along with Eli Young Band and The Band Perry.
The American Country Awards will air live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas from 7 to 9 p.m. Monday, Dec. 5 on Fox.
The two-hour event will also feature appearances by Lambert, Lauren Alaina, Rachel Bilson, Scotty McCreery and the men of the reality TV show “Pawn Stars” (Richard Harrison, Rick Harrison, Corey Harrison and Austin Russell).
Additional performers and presenters will be announced soon, according to a news release.
The two-hour awards show offers country music fans the opportunity to vote for their favorite artists not only in traditional categories, but also in a previously unrecognized area of the business touring encompassing the entire spectrum of country music.
Voting for all categories remains open until Friday, Nov. 11 at www.theacas.com. Voting for Artist of the Year continues until Friday, Dec. 2. To see the list of nominees, click here.
Shelton has been dubbed one of the “most versatile of contemporary country singers” by The New York Times. The 2010 CMA Male Vocalist of the Year continues to prove to be one of the industry’s hottest vocalists as he caps a successful year with career highlights that includes a national breakout turn as a celebrity vocal coach on the hit NBC reality show “The Voice” and the release of his new album “Red River Blue,” which has spawned three No. 1 hits, and a cover of the iconic theme song to go with the new movie remake of “Footloose.”
The Pistol Annies are comprised of Ashley Monroe (“Hippie Annie”), Angaleena Presley (“Holler Annie”) and Texas native Lambert (“Lone Star Annie”). The trio was born out of a songwriting session when Monroe introduced Lambert to the music of her friend, Presley. “Hell on Heels” is the title track to the trio¹s 2011 debut album. The trio has performed on selected Lambert tour dates and it is planning a tour of its own soon. Every song on “Hell on Heels” was written by one or more of the Annies, who all co-wrote the track “Family Feud” with “Pistol Andy,” AKA Shelton.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 30612Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15589Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10266Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9653Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9634Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8172Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8167Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7475Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6996Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6363UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients