Wednesday Video Spotlight: Tickets for Flaming Lips' New Year's Eve Freakout #5 now on sale
Tickets are now on sale for The Flaming Lips’ New Year’s Eve Freakout #5, the Oklahoma City-based psychedelic rockers’ annual hometown NYE spectacular, at www.ticketstorm.com.
Several significant changes have been made to this year’s event:
Now a two-night extravaganza, the fifth Freakout is set for 8 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 31 and Sunday, Jan. 1 at the Coca Cola Bricktown Events Center, 425 E California.
The Flaming Lips and Yoko Ono’s Plastic Ono Band will play both nights, with Ono performing at midnight “Happy Xmas (War Is Over),” the famed holiday anthem she wrote and recorded with her late husband, John Lennon.
“In honor of our fantastical guests The Flaming Lips will perform some classic cover songs with Sean Lennon,” the Lips posted recently on Twitter (@theflaminglips).
In addition, Neon Indian will join the lineup for the Jan. 1 show, the Lips wrote on Twitter.
Tickets for this year’s Freakout are pricier than past years: This year, tickets are $100 for one night or $150 for both shows. All ticket buyers get into the afterparty at The Womb, Lips frontman Wayne Coyne’s new art gallery in downtown OKC.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients