Video: LookatOKC's "Got It Covered" - K.C. Clifford and David Broyles take on Leon Russell's "Superstar"
My excellent colleagues George Lang and Kyle Roberts continue their latest video series for LOOKatOKC called “Got It Covered.”
In the latest episode, husband-and-wife Oklahoma City musicians K.C. Clifford and David Broyles take on Tulsa Sound pioneer Leon Russell’s “Superstar.” Russell co-wrote the song, initially titled “Groupie (Superstar),” with Bonnie Bramlett, and it was originally recorded by Delaney & Bonnie and Friends in 1969.
In 1971, it became a big hit for the Carpenters, and since Clifford is an unabashed fan of the sibling duo, she selected “Superstar” from the roster of 12 songs by Oklahoma artists on the “Got It Covered” list.
For more information on the series, go to http://lookatokc.newsok.com/got-it-covered.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients