Oklahoma music acts playing South By Southwest
A multitude of Oklahoma musicians have taken their shows on the road south this week for the South By Southwest festivities down in Austin, Texas.
An event created and run by the Oklahoma Film and Music Office, the Buffalo Lounge will be a big drawn but by no means the only one, with the Oklahoma Film + Interactive + Music event beginning at 4 p.m. today. Theone-of-kind event will be hosted by the OKPOP Museum and the Woody Guthrie Center and Archive, and will allow all three industries to come together to network. The event will feature three musical groups: Modern Rock Diaries, Desi and Cody, and Wink Burcham with Jesse Aycock.
The music portion of SXSW officially begins this evening, and a staggering number of Oklahoma musicians will be representing our fair state.
The Okie Soundcheck presented by CNGnow.com is 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. and performing will be O Fidelis, Black Canyon, Mont Lyons, Pretty Black Chains, Deerpeople, Josh Sallee, Daniel(s), and Chrome Pony.
The Fourth Annual Sax, Clogs, & Rock-N-Roll music event will take place from noon to 5 p.m. Wednesday This event will feature music by The Damn Quails, Scales of Motion, the Panda Resistance, BrotherBear, Feathered Rabbit, S/Awesome, and Denver Duncan with Jabee.
The ACM@UCO music day event will take place from noon to 5 p.m. Thursday. Performing will be Painted Wolfe, Fos, Day One, Brianna Gaither, Gum, paperscissor, The Rockettops, and Of the Tower.
The ACM@UCO showcase will be from 8 p.m. Wednesday to 2 a.m. Thursday and will feature Defining Times, The Boom Bang, The Non, Horse Thief, Broncho, and Stardeath & White Dwarfs.
From 8 p.m. Thursday to 2 a.m. Friday, the Oklahoma Showcase will feature Green Corn Revival, JuneBug Spade, Fiawna Forte, Jacob Abello, JD McPherson and OK Sweetheart.
Oklahoma’s Buffalo Lounge will once again feature a pop-up retail store stocked with Oklahoma merchandise provided by Mary Beth Babcock of Tulsa’s Dwelling Spaces. Other features include space for filmmakers and musicians to sell their DVDs and CDs. The venue also will feature free wifi, and for the first time, Matthew Kenney OKC will provide a juice bar for attendees.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39102Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15291Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9778Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9437Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9040Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7843Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7624Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7196Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6116Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6096Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients