Video: St. Vincent releases music video for "Cheerleader," models police uniforms on "Portlandia"
Tulsa-born singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist St. Vincent is huge in the new music video for “Cheerleader,” one of the tracks from her 2011 album “Strange Mercy.”
As previously reported, St. Vincent (who was born Annie Clark) made a guest appearance on Friday’s episode of the IFC sketch series “Portlandia,” and you can check out that rather funny clip of her modeling a totally impractical police uniform here as well. Her appearance on the show reunited her with “Portlandia” masterminds Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein, who starred in St. Vincent’s 2010 video for “Laughing with a Mouth of Blood.”
By the way, I’m no mayor or Kyle MacLachlan, but if someone wanted to make me a super-journalist cape, I would proudly wear it at least once.
BTW again, St. Vincent is playing a show in the city of her birth May 15 at Cain’s Ballroom, and if you want more information, you can go to www.cainsballroom.com.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24939Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15605Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9621UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8603Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7447Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6907Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 6484Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6322OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6156Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5797Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients