Video: Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett welcomes Charles Barkley and TNT to OKC
The Oklahoma City Thunder are bringing their Western Conference Finals series with the San Antonio Spurs home tonight for Game 3. The game tips off at 8 p.m. at Chesapeake Energy Arena.
Like the rest of the series, the game will air on TNT. That means former pro basketball star Charles Barkley is finally visiting OKC as one of the network’s analysts.
Barkley has spoken quite disparagingly about OKC even before the NBA came to town and hasn’t had many kind words for our fair city since. That’s not exactly unusual, since Sir Charles’ rather juvenile standard operating procedure seems to be making ridiculously outrageous statements in order to goad reactions out of people, corporations and even entire metropolitan areas. People seem prone to shower him with attention, arguments and even lavish gifts in order to prove him wrong, which only seems to encourage him.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17613Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 13042Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11234Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 11211Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10608'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10120Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7197Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 6592Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6062New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 5967Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients