RiffTrax comedians return to movie theaters with "Manos: The Hands of Fate"
NCM Fathom Events and RiffTrax present “RiffTrax Live: ‘Manos: The Hands of Fate” in theaters for only one night on at 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 16.
Featuring the same comedians from the cult classic “Mystery Science Theater 3000” (MST3K), Michael J. Nelson, Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett will reunite on the big screen to fire off their wisecracking commentary on the 1966 American horror feature “‘Manos’ The Hands of Fate.” The event will be broadcast live from Nashville, Tenn., to participating movie theaters across the country.
The trio memorably riffed on the notoriously terrible “Manos” during MST3K’s stellar run.
Attendees will be treated not only to “Manos’” infamous abysmal acting, outdated effects and seemingly endless cat fights featuring ‘The Master’s’ many girdle-clad wives, but also a selection of free digital goodies.
Tickets for “RiffTrax Live: ‘Manos: The Hands of Fate” are available at participating theater box offices and online at www.FathomEvents.com.
Rifftrax’s new take on “Manos” will be broadcast in Oklahoma at Quail Springs 24 and Tinseltown USA in Oklahoma City; Spotlight 14 in Norman; and Cinemark Tulsa 17.
For a complete list of theater locations and prices, visit the NCM Fathom Events’ website (theaters and participants are subject to change). The event will be broadcast to more than 550 select movie theaters across the country through NCM’s exclusive Digital Broadcast Network.
“Revisiting ‘Manos’ again after 19 years will be like running into a dear old friend—a friend who drinks all your beer and hits you up for money,” said Michael J. Nelson, RiffTrax creator and former host of the Emmy-nominated, Peabody Award-winning “Mystery Science Theater 3000″ in a news release.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17613Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 13042Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11234Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 11211Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10608'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10120Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7197Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 6592Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6062New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 5967Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients