Flaming Lips tie Jay-Z's record by playing 7 shows in 24 hours, en route to New Orleans for record-breaking 8th show
Oklahoma City-based psychedelic rockers The Flaming Lips have tied Jay-Z’s Guinness Book of World Records mark of performing seven shows in a 24-hour time frame. They are en route to New Orleans to play a planned eighth show at House of Blues, which would make them the sole owners of the record.
Lips drummer Kliph Scurlock tweeted moments ago @KliphScurlock “7 down, 1 to go. #SuckItHova.”
As previously reported, the Lips’ frenzied journey through the Mississippi Delta is part of MTV’s third edition of the O Music Awards, which is a digitally driven event that recognizes artists, fans and innovators within the digital music culture. They started their quest at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in Memphis, Tenn. and have been either onstage or on the road since.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients