Carrie Underwood's "Good Girl" video breaks CMT record for most weeks at No. 1
Checotah native Carrie Underwood’s “Good Girl” music video held the No. 1 spot this past weekend on CMT’s Top 20 Countdown for a record-breaking 14 weeks. After being released in March, the video has spent more time on top of CMT’s Top 20 Countdown than any other video in history, according to a news release.
This isn’t the first time that one of Underwood’s videos has broken a CMT Top 20 Countdown record. In 2010, the Oklahoma-born and bred superstar’s “Undo It” video held the No. 1 spot on CMT’s Top 20 Countdown for an impressive 12 weeks.
“Good Girl,” the lead single and video from Underwood’s latest album, “Blown Away,” was named Video of the Year at the 2012 CMT Music Awards last month.
Following the release of “Blown Away” on May 1, the 2005 “American Idol” winner has sold more than 15 million albums worldwide.
Underwood is nominated for Choice Female Country Artist at the Teen Choice Awards, airing 7 p.m. Sunday, July 22 on Fox. Fans ages 13-19 can vote once each day per category for their favorite nominees at www.teenchoiceawards.com.
Since releasing her debut album “Some Hearts” in 2005, Underwood has sold more than 15 million albums with “Some Hearts,” 2007’s “Carnival Ride,” and 2009’s “Play On,” making her the best-selling “American Idol” in the U.S. According to the release she has accumulated 15 No. 1 singles, seven of which she co-wrote, and became the first country artist in history and the only “American Idol” winner ever to achieve 10 No. 1 singles from their first two albums. She is a five-time Grammy winner, a two-time Academy of Country Music Entertainer of the Year, a three-time Country Music Association and ACM Female Vocalist winner and a proud member of the Grand Ole Opry.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients