Flaming Lips to perform on "The Colbert Report" as part of "StePhest Colbchella '012: Rocktaugustfest”
Oklahoma City-based psychedelic rockers The Flaming Lips will perform on “The Colbert Report” as part of comedian Stephen Colbert’s recently announced “Pepsi Presents StePhest Colbchella ’012: Rocktaugustfest,” reports The Oklahoman Entertainment Editor Gene Triplett.
The event will be taped Aug. 10 at New York City’s Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum. Other acts on the bill include fun., Grandmaster Flash, Grizzly Bear and Santigold.
Performances and an interview with the artists will air nightly on “The Colbert Report” at 10:30 p.m. on Comedy Central.
“We are gonna rock the boat, which won’t be easy because the Intrepid displaces 41,434 tons,” Colbert said in a news release, adding, “Does Bonnaroo have cruise missiles? I think not.”
The museum is on the west side of Manhattan on Pier 86, 12th Ave. and 46th Street.
About 1,500 audience members will be accommodated. Free tickets and information on the event are available at colbertnation.com.
“Oh gosh! The terror that strikes when I realized I’m going to be interviewed once again by Stephen Colbert!” Flaming Lips leader Wayne Coyne said in the release issued by Warner Bros. Records. “No, it’s wonderful but him playing stupid is the smartest thing you’ll encounter! What a rush to even think about it!”
The Lips are putting the finishing touches on a new studio album, due for release in early 2013,
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12863Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11549Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5770Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5166Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4505OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4325Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 3991Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3926How to help tornado victims
- 3623Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3239Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients