Video: Flaming Lips' Wayne Coyne receives Urban Pioneer Award from OKC's Plaza District Association
On Wednesday, the Plaza District Association honored Wayne and Michelle Coyne as the recipients of the 2012 Urban Pioneer Award. Wayne Coyne, lead singer of The Flaming Lips, and Michelle Martin-Coyne, an acclaimed photographer, have paved the way for creativity in Oklahoma City and brought the international spotlight to our state, according to the news release.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17897Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15383Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11506Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11200'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10732Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9276OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8256Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6910Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6624Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6479Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients