"Avengers" sequel set for May 1, 2015, release
Marvel’s “The Avengers” will reassemble on the big screen Friday, May 1, 2015.
That’s when the as-yet untitled sequel to this summer’s super-blockbuster “The Avengers,” the third-highest grossing movie of all time, will open in theaters, according to EW.com. Walt Disney Studios announced the sequel’s release date today.
The announcement rounds out the next five films in Marvel’s “Phase Two” slate: “Iron Man 3″ opens May 3, 2013; “Thor: The Dark World” on Nov. 8, 2013; “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” on April 4, 2014; and “Guardians of the Galaxy” on Aug. 1, 2014. A release date has not yet been announced for Edgar Wright’s big-screen treatment of “Ant-Man.”
“Avengers” co-writer/director Joss Whedon will return to pen and helm the sequel as part of an exclusive three-year film and television deal with Marvel.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16360Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12715Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11414'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11247Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11067Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10980OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7454Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6968Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6909Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 6877Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients