Ryan Gosling readying for his directorial debut
As much as it pains me to think of him behind the camera instead of in front of it, I’m pleased to report that Ryan Gosling is readying to make his directorial debut.
The Oscar-nominated actor will write and direct “How to Catch a Monster,” a “modern day fairytale” starring Christina Hendricks, his co-star from the excellent 2011 thriller “Drive,” according to EW.com. Hendricks will play a single mother “swept into a macabre and dark fantasy underworld while her teenage son discovers a secret road leading to an underwater town.”
“I am very appreciative to [producers] Marc Platt, Adam Siegel and Bold Films for being so supportive and I look forward to making this film with all of them,” Gosling said, according to the EW.com report.
“We are thrilled to be producing Ryan Gosling’s debut as a writer and director and continue our collaboration which began on Drive,” said Platt, in a statement. “He has composed a beautifully haunting script and has a very clear vision of how he will bring it to life. His ability to draw audiences into his world as an actor will serve him well as a filmmaker.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15991OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14570Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9562Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9374Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 9102'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 8275Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7661Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7564Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7457Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7060Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients