Labor Day weekend activities planned across Oklahoma
From Friday’s Weekend Look section of The Oklahoman.
Labor Day weekend has a lot going on
There are three days in this holiday weekend, and Oklahomans should have no trouble filling them.
No matter what the calendar says about equinoxes, solstices and seasonal shifts, Labor Day weekend is widely considered the last weekend of summer.
And Oklahomans across the state will have plenty of opportunities to celebrate with live music, visual arts and, of course, festive food.
College football fans will be in pigskin heaven Saturday as my Oklahoma State Cowboys host Savannah State Tigers at 6 p.m. in Stillwater and the Oklahoma Sooners take on the UTEP Miners at 9:30 p.m. down in El Paso, Texas.
But there are three days in this holiday weekend, and Oklahomans should have no trouble filling them.
From taking your family out to the ballgame in Bricktown and feasting German-style to getting the blues in Rentiesville and fiddling around in Grove, here is a partial list of the holiday weekend’s entertainment options. For more, go to www.wimgo.com or www.travelok.com.
Oklahoma City RedHawks vs. Round Rock Express: What’s summer without a little baseball? Cheer on the RedHawks as they close out the regular season at 7:05 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 6:05 p.m. Sunday and 11:05 a.m. Monday at the Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark, 2 S Mickey Mantle Drive. Information: 218-1000 or www.oklahomaredhawks.com.
Choctaw Oktoberfest: Take in authentic German food, beer and entertainment at the 22nd annual festival in Choctaw Creek Park, 2001 Harper Road. Hours this weekend are 5 p.m. to midnight Friday, noon to midnight Saturday and Sunday and noon to midnight Monday, with the festivities continuing Tuesday-Sept. 8. Information: 390-8647 or www.choctawfestival.org.
Arts Festival Oklahoma: Take in a variety of artwork at 160 booths, live music from Rave On! The Buddy Holly Experience and the Oklahoma City Philharmonic, Sunday night fireworks, children’s activities and more at the 34th annual festival at Oklahoma City Community College, 7777 S May Ave. Hours are 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday and Sunday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday. Information: 682-7576 or www.occc.edu/AFO.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients