Carrie Underwood's album "Blown Away" certified platinum
Country music superstar Carrie Underwood’s fourth album “Blown Away” has been certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America and returns to the No. 1 spot this week, marking six cumulative weeks at the summit of Billboard’s Top Country Albums Chart, according to a news release.
Earlier this week, nominations were announced for the 46th Annual CMA Awards, and the Checotah native earned her seventh female vocalist of the year nomination.
Underwood has received five CMA Awards in her career, including three consecutive wins as female vocalist (2006, 2007, 2008), as well as single of the year (2007 for “Before He Cheats”), and the Horizon Award (2006).
Underwood and Brad Paisley will return to host the 46th Annual CMA Awards for a fifth time in 2012. The show airs live from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tenn., at 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 1 on the ABC Television Network.
“Blown Away”’s second single and title track entered the Top 10 this week as it continues to climb the Billboard country airplay chart. This marks Underwood’s 16th single to reach the Top 10, which according to Billboard is a record among women in the tally’s 68-year history, according to the release.
On Sept. 14, Carrie will launch the North American portion of her third headline arena tour, “The Blown Away Tour,” in Manchester, N.H. The tour continue through December and include home state shows for the 2005 “American Idol” winner on Oct. 25 at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City and Nov. 21 at the BOK Center in Tulsa. For more information, go to www.chesapeakearena.com and www.bokcenter.com.
“Blown Away” made history this spring by debuting at No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Country Albums Chart, making Underwood only the second country artist in the 47-year history of the chart to have each of their first four albums debut at No. 1. “Blown Away” also debuted at No. 1 on the all-genre Billboard 200 chart, making the 2005 “American Idol” winner only the second country artist in history to have three consecutive albums debut at No. 1.
“Blown Away” also became country’s best-selling digital album debut since 2010. “Good Girl,” her first single from “Blown Away,” has already achieved the No. 1 slot on both Billboard and Country Aircheck’s country airplay charts and became her 15th No. 1 single.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 27538Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15649Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10393Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9809Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9381Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8402Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8325Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7545Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7311Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6526UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients