What to do in Oklahoma on Sept. 6, 2012: Take in Last Call for "Fusion," "Mod Lang" at Oklahoma City Museum of Art
Today’s featured event:
Check out Last Call festivities from 5 to 9 tonight at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art, 415 Couch Drive.
The event is celebrating the final days of the exhibitions “Fusion (A New Century of Glass)” and “projectSCREEN: Mod Lang by Jeremy Blake.” Admission is $5 after 5 pm, and members receive free admission.
Both exhibits close Sunday at the museum.
Organized by the Oklahoma City Museum of Art, “Fusion” features 47 works from the 21st century that embrace the diversity and depth of the human experience. This profound and thought-provoking exhibition includes examples by 20 contemporary artists working nationally and internationally who have engaged the medium of glass as part of their artistic practice. The objects reflect a range of subject matter and style and relate to concerns of the present day. The artists explore themes of social isolationism, paranoia, the passage of time, and also address the impact of technology on humanity and the environment, while exploring the dichotomy of utopian ideals and the realities of modern daily existence.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22453Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12179Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10764Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9050Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8838Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8708Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8233Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7793Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7164Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 7066UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients