Wednesday Video Spotlight: New trailer for "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey"
As part of the worldwide celebration of Tolkien Week, Warner Bros. Pictures, New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer debuted today the new highly anticipated theatrical trailer for “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” and fellow fantasy fans, I’ve got goose bumps.
The first in a trilogy of films adapting the enduringly popular masterpiece “The Hobbit,” by J.R.R. Tolkien, “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” is directed by Oscar winner Peter Jackson, who previously brought to the screen the blockbuster “The Lord of the Rings” trilogy.
The week-long Tolkien Week celebration encompasses the 75th anniversary of the publication of “The Hobbit” novel and the worldwide celebration of Hobbit Day.
“The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” opens in 3D and 2D in select theaters and IMAX on Dec. 14. It cannot come soon enough. The new footage of Gollum (Andy Serkis) and Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman) swapping “Riddles in the Dark” alone finally has me convinced that Peter Jackson is going to be able to pull off this crazy “The Hobbit” trilogy notion.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10801Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10490Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10422Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9824Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6498Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4191Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4093Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3771OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3668Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3566How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients