Wednesday Video Spotlight: Bigfoot to answer the call at Saturday's Plaza District Festival
Oklahoma City’s Plaza District will come alive to celebrate local creativity Saturday at the annual Plaza District Festival, presented by Fowler Volkswagen of Norman.
Apparently, that creative and diverse culture extends to the art of Bigfoot calling. That’s right, for the seconds straight year, the Fowler VW Tent at the festival will feature a Bigfoot calling contest, and Jonathan Fowler, general manager of Fowler VW in Norman, assured me this week that the allegedly mythical creature will be lurking around the festival Saturday, just waiting for the right call.
Participants can watch the 1987 film “Harry and the Hendersons” for inspiration or devise an original Bigfoot call, he said. Or perhaps the video embedded here from last year’s Bigfoot calling contest will inspire festival-goers.
Look for my full preview of the Plaza District Festival Friday, and in the meantime, go to www.plazadistrict.org for more festival information.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22062Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13856Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 11034Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10900UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7641Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
- 7472Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6309Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 5703Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5621Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5179Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients