Terrence Malick's Oklahoma-made film "To the Wonder" secures distribution with Magnolia Pictures
“To the Wonder,” a film directed and written by “The Tree of Life” helmer Terrence Malick, has secured U.S. distribution via Magnolia Pictures, the Oklahoma Film & Music Office announced Friday.
Filmed in Oklahoma, “To the Wonder” began principal photography in the fall of 2010. The romantic drama stars Ben Affleck, Rachel McAdams and Olga Kurylenko. Affleck plays Neil, a man who reconnects with a childhood sweetheart from his hometown after his marriage with a European woman he met in France falls apart.
Malick’s film made its world premiere at the 2012 Venice Film Festival followed shortly by its North American premiere at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival in September. Magnolia Pictures will give the film a theatrical release in 2013.
“To the Wonder” was produced utilizing the 37 percent Oklahoma Film Enhancement Rebate Program administered by the Oklahoma Film & Music Office.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12675Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11502Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6315Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5431Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 5078Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4467OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3964How to help tornado victims
- 3897Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3600Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3091Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients