New releases for Oct. 22, 2012: Shiny Toy Guns, Taylor Swift, "After Moonrise" and more
It’s one of those weird and wonderful weeks when several new releases, particularly on the music side, fall on Monday instead of Tuesday. That is in no way a complaint as it just means we get to new music faster!
Synthpop/indie rock band Shiny Toy Guns, which has Oklahoma roots, released today its new album “III” on Five Seven Music. It is the first album for the band since reuniting with original vocalist Carah Faye Charnow. The Grammy-nominated band includes bassist/synth player Jeremy Dawson and singer/guitarist Chad Petree, who grew up in Shawnee.
Other new albums out today include Taylor Swift’s hotly anticipated “Red,” Tony Bennett’s latest duet collection, Lady A’s Christmas record and Peter Gabriel’s “So” 25th anniversary box set.
On the bookshelf, best-selling paranormal romance novelists P.C. Cast, who lives in Tulsa, and Gena Showalter, who is based in Oklahoma City, are releasing Tuesday “After Moonrise,” a duology for which they each penned a ghostly novella set in the Sooner State. The authors will celebrate the new release with a book signing at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Barnes & Noble, 6100 N May Ave. in Oklahoma City. To read my interview with the authors, click here.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21951Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13280Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10987Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10877UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7355Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7058Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
- 6253Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 5703Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5606Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5160Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients