Miranda Lambert and Dierks Bentley announce 2013 tour, including Oklahoma City and Tulsa stops
Tishomingo resident Miranda Lambert and fellow country music superstar Dierks Bentley have announced their plans for a 2013 co-headlining tour that will include Oklahoma City and Tulsa stops.
Known for their distinctive styles of music, Lambert and Bentley have deemed their joint trek the “Locked & Reloaded Tour,” set to kick off Jan. 17, according to a news release. No other specific dates and no exact venues have been announced, but see the list of cities they plan to play in after the break.
Together, Lambert and Bentley will bring to the stage scores of No. 1 singles, chart-topping albums and trophies from the Grammys, the Country Music Association Awards, th Academy of Country Music Awards and the CMT Music Awards.
“Making music for our fans is the best job in the world,” said Lambert in the release. “It’s especially great being able to take to that music on the road with someone I respect as an artist and human being. This will be a tour of ‘epic badassery,’” she laughed.
Bentley added in the release, “Some of my favorite times on tour over the years were with Miranda and her crew. We have a lot in common musically and our fans do too. It’s going to be a killer year.”
Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter Miranda Lambert is the reigning two-time CMA and reigning three-time ACM Female Vocalist of the Year. Her current album, “Four The Record,” made history when it debuted atop Billboard’s Top Country Albums chart, making her the first country artist in the 47-year history of the chart to have each of her first four albums debut at No. 1. “Four The Record” won the ACM Album of the Year Award and garnered rave reviews. Her headlining “On Fire Tour” played to more than one million fans this year. The Texas native dedicates much of her time to her MuttNation Foundation which has raised more than $700,000 to fund no-kill animal shelters, pet adoption, spay and neutering of pets and much more.
Multiplatinum-selling singer-songwriter, Dierks Bentley has forged his own brand of country music combining classic country songwriting, influences of bluegrass instrumentation and the energy of rock‘n’roll. Bentley’s sixth studio album “Home,” released earlier this year, debuted at No. 1 and has spawned three chart-toppings hits, marking 10 career No. 1 songs for him as a singer and songwriter. “Home” also is currently nominated for three 2012 CMA award nominations for Album of the Year and Single and Song of the Year for its title track. His five previous studio albums have sold more than 5 million copies and earned him an invitation to join the Grand Ole Opry.
“Locked & Reloaded Tour” cities:
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 33223Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15512Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9978Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9860Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9472Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8063Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8003Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7387Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6419Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6218UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients