Hanson brothers talk family, music, memories with Oprah on tonight's "Where Are They Now?"
Tulsa-based sibling trio Hanson talk music, memories and family with Oprah Winfrey on “Oprah: Where Are They Now?,” airing at 9 tonight on OWN.
“We have had an amazing journey. We’ve made five records, along with live albums, fan club albums, tours, circled the globe many, many times,” Taylor Hanson says in a preview at People.com.
“I think the last … four years in a row we did right around 40 to 50 shows in the U.S. every year,” Isaac, who along with wife Nicole are parents to sons Clarke Everett, 5½, and James Monroe, 4.
“It can be a hard thing. We all have kids and wives and lawns to mow,” Zac, 27, dad to Shepherd, 4, and Junia Rosa Ruth, 22 months, with wife Kate, quips.
In the child-bearing department, Taylor admits that he and his wife Natalie are “off-setting the scales,” recently becoming a family of seven with the arrival of daughter Wilhelmina Jane earlier this month. Taylor, 29, and Natalie’s other children are Jordan Ezra, 10, Penelope Anne, 7, River Samuel, 6, and Viggo Moriah, 3½.
“Zac and I don’t have that many between the two of us!” Isaac, 31, jokes.
It sounds like their children are tight-knit just like the musical brothers. There may even be a second band in the family’s future:
“Each of us have a boy that was born in 2008 — they sort of fit our roles,” Zac, 27, explains. “Viggo … he’s kind of the mastermind, and Isaac’s 4-year-old Monroe, he’s kind of the show man, the frontman, he’s very outgoing. And my son Shepherd … he hits things! He’s sort of the muscle.”
“He’s like, ‘Hey, Shep…” Isaac says with a laugh, leading Zac to interject, “‘Go beat that kid up. That kid stole my lollipop, beat him up!’”
Click here to see a preview video of tonight’s episode.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11190Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11015Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9873Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8372Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4481Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4243Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4027OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3513Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3480How to help tornado victims
- 3393Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients