Wednesday Video Spotlight: Carrie Underwood to release "Two Black Cadillacs" as 3rd "Blown Away" single
Checotah native Carrie Underwood took to Twitter (@carrieunderwood) today to reveal the third single from her “Blown Away” album, which will again have her tapping into the darker territory of her fourth album.
“The next single is…”Two Black Cadillacs!” It’s certainly a favorite of mine! We’re going to shoot the video soon! It’s going to be great!” she posted.
The vivid story song about a wife and a mistress who plot to kill the man who cheated on them both follows her 2012 album’s chart-topping title track, about an abused girl who lives her father to the swirling winds of fate during an Oklahoma tornado.
“It’s so easy to get caught up in a routine when you do this. You know, you make your album, you write and you figure out what you’re gonna sing, you go sing it, you go out on the road and you start all over again. So I think it’s really easy for a lot of artists to just settle into their one particular sound, and I don’t want to be like that. I feel like I want to kind of reinvent myself with every album and have every album definitely still sound like me but kind of a slightly different version,” Underwood told me in a recent phone interview.
“I really try not to put too many stipulations on what I want the album to be. … I love just kind of going with the flow and the vibe and seeing what’s gonna happen. But it did, a lot of it did end up being dramatic. And I love that because I love being able to sing the songs and see the characters in my head as I’m singing to the audience.”
The Checotah native has included the song in the set list for her “Blown Away Tour” show, including her concert last week at Oklahoma City’s Chesapeake Energy Arena. (The tour also is scheduled to make a Nov. 21 tour stop at Tulsa’s BOK Center.) To read my review of her OKC show, click here.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients