What to do in Oklahoma on Nov. 3, 2012: See Choctaw High School's production of "August: Osage County"
Today’s featured event:
CHOCTAW: See Choctaw High School’s production of the Pulitzer Prize-winning drama “August: Osage County” at 7 tonight at
Choctaw High School Performing Arts Center, 14300 NE 10.
Choctaw High School’s Competitive Drama won its eighth 6A One-Act Play State Championship and first place Technical Award last weekend for its version of “August: Osage County.” Director Mary Burton’s masterfully condensed Tulsa native Tracy Letts’ three-hour play into an award winning 45 minute one-act. Two CHS drama students, Mattie Alexander as matriarch Violet and Shay Griffith as eldest daughter Barbara, were also honored as State All-Star Cast Members.
The movie version of “August: Osage County,” starring Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts, is currently being filmed in the Pawhuska/Bartlesville area.
For more information on the play, go to www.cnpschools.org/choctawHS/Organizations/drama/productions.html.
For more events, go to www.wimgo.com.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients