What to do in Oklahoma on Nov. 8, 2012: Hear Aerosmith at Chesapeake Energy Arena
Today’s featured event:
Rockers Aerosmith released their 15th studio album, “Music from Another Dimension,” Tuesday, and will celebrate by launching the second leg of their “Global Warming Tour” at 7:30 tonight at Oklahoma City’s Chesapeake Energy Arena, 100 W Reno.
The venerable rock ‘n’ roll band kicked off its triumphant, sold-out “The Global Warming Tour” this past summer, with critics from the New York Times, Dallas Morning News, Boston Herald and more.
After launching the tour’s second leg tonight here in OKC, Aerosmith – Steven Tyler (vocals), Joe Perry (guitar), Brad Whitford (guitar), Tom Hamilton (bass) and Joey Kramer (drums) – will take the month-long, 14-city arena tour to New York City (Madison Square Garden), Los Angeles (Staples Center) and Las Vegas (MGM Grand Garden Arena), among other cities.
The Rock and Roll Hall of Famers will be coming fully armed with career-defining hits as well as blazing songs from their new album “Music from Another Dimension,”out today on Columbia Records. They’re the only band of their stature with all-original members, according to a news release.
The tour will include special guests Cheap Trick.
“Music From Another Dimension” – recently chosen by People magazine as one of “5 Must Have Albums For Fall”- marks Aerosmith’s first studio album of all-new material in 11 years. The album was recorded in Los Angeles and at the band’s studio in Massachusetts; it was produced by Jack Douglas, Tyler and Perry, with the exception of three tracks produced by Tyler and Marti Frederiksen.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12863Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11549Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5770Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5166Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4505OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4325Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 3991Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3926How to help tornado victims
- 3623Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3239Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients