Paseo Arts Association honoring five artists, art patrons tonight at Sixth Annual Artist Awards Ceremony & Banquet
The Paseo Arts Association is recognizing five Oklahomans for outstanding accomplishments in the visual arts tonight at its Sixth Annual Artist Awards Ceremony & Banquet.
The annual event was developed by the Paseo Arts Association in 2007 to celebrate and recognize artists and art supporters who have made a strong contribution to the visual arts in our state. We believe that the act of recognition serves to inform and educate the public about Oklahoma’s rich visual art history and its increasingly vibrant and robust contemporary visual arts culture.
Yvonne Kauger has been selected to receive this year’s Lifetime Achievement Award. Kauger, an Oklahoma Supreme Court Justice since 1984, has been a formative influence in the arts in Oklahoma. Kauger was a co-founder of the celebrated Red Earth Festival and the founder of the Gallery of the Plains Indian in Colony, OK. Throughout her career, she has been a strong and passionate advocate for art in public places, Native American art, and for the historic preservation of artworks. Outstanding in her judicial work as well, Kauger is also a member of the Oklahoma Women’s Hall of Fame.
Painter Jean Richardson will be honored as 2012’s Artist of the Year. Among the most collected and successful artists in the state, Richardson’s blend of intense colors, energetic brushstrokes, and ever-present horses combine abstraction with Western mythos in an immediately recognizable style. Richardson’s work has been exhibited and collected across the state, region, and country.
Eric Lyons is the recipient of one of 2012′s Emerging Artist Awards. Lyons explores both painting and photography in his art, bringing both a wry sense of humor and an appreciation of the everyday to his work. A teaching artist at Putnam City West high school and a longtime volunteer with Rainbow Fleet, Lyons is remarkable not only for his own creative work, but for his dedication to fostering self-expression and a love of art in others.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients