"Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2" makes 30.4 million from Thursday night and midnight screenings
As expected, “The Twilight Saga” seems on track to go out on a bright note financially: “Breaking Dawn – Part 2,” the fifth and final film based on Stephenie Meyer’s paranormally popular book series grossed an estimated $30.4 million from midnight and 10 p.m. Thursday showtimes, according to BoxOfficeMojo.com.
That haul is slightly higher than the midnight-only grosses for “Breaking Dawn – Part 1″ ($30.25 million) and “Eclipse” ($30.1 million) and noticeably better than the take for “New Moon” ($26.3 million).
The box-office tracking notes that opening at 10 p.m. Thursday made it easier for younger members of the series’ tween- and teen-skewing audience to turn out in droves, so the $30.4 million figure is probably going to make up a larger portion of opening day than past midnight-only hauls.
If “Breaking Dawn – Part 2″ follows the course of its predecessor, the finale should take in about $140 million by Sunday.
To read my review of “Breaking Dawn – Part 2,” click here.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients