What to do in Oklahoma on Nov. 20, 2012: Hear Straight No Chaser at the Oklahoma City Civic Center
Today’s featured event:
Hear a capella singing group Straight No Chaser at 8 tonight at the Civic Center Music Hall, 201 N Walker. For more information, go to www.okcciviccenter.com.
Straight No Chaser has built a reputation as an unforgettable live act. By the end of 2010, the group had sold more than 225,000 tickets to 160 shows, more than half of which sold out in advance. Over that summer, the group performed a successful residency at Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City, where they performed 40 shows in eight weeks. Although the constant traveling takes its toll, the members of Straight No Chaser maintain that every night, the direct connection with their fans reinvigorates them.
“When I first auditioned and joined SNC in college, I recall Jerome (Collins, one of the group’s founding members) telling me, ‘You have no idea what you’re now a part of.’ Flash forward a decade, and here we are, touring nearly 160 days a year, singing for thousands of people. To see the joy on the faces in the audience when we are onstage reminds us why we’re doing what we’re doing,” says group member Ryan Ahlwardt in a news release.
Straight No Chaser is perhaps best known for their playful version of “The 12 Days of Christmas”:
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19478Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17081OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14402Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9893Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9505Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7874Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7743Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7139Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6156Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 5570Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients