What to do in Oklahoma on Jan. 6, 2103: Hear Ellis Paul play 2 shows at Norman Depot
Today’s featured event:
NORMAN – The Performing Arts Studio welcomes 2013 with two Ellis Paul concerts today in the Norman Depot, 200 S Jones.
The first show will be for families and children, and the second will be a traditional Winter Wind evening concert, both featuring the charismatic, personally authentic Ellis Paul performance style.
A grant from Dr. Victor T. Wilson has allowed PAS to offer “The Hero in You,” a special concert for children and families, free of charge beginning at 2 p.m. Seating is limited to 100. Advance reservations are advised by calling 307-9320.
“The Hero in You,” Paul’s second award-winning family music album, released last year, follows his best-selling 2007 family music album “Dragonfly Races,” a deft, soulful acoustic mix of American folk and contemporary pop in songs that find magic in simple pleasures like road trips and dragonflies. The family concert will feature selections from both albums, both Parents’ Choice Award winners.
“’The Hero in You’ teaches about great Americans, not only well-known figures from Ben Franklin to Albert Einstein, but others like Augustus Jackson, the inventor of ice cream, to Mr. Tee Tott, who taught Hank Williams to play guitar. Kids and parents are definitely in for an entertaining treat with this concert” says Danna Primm, kindergarten teacher in Norman for 28 years and Winter Wind chairman, in the news release.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36331Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15449Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9864Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9824Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9353Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7992Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7895Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7342Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6304Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6142UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients