Charlie Wilson, LL Cool J, Jill Scott, Maxwell and more to play 2013 Essence Festival
Tulsa native Charlie Wilson is returning to Essence Festival a year after wowing the crowds at the 2012 installment of the New Orleans fest.
The festival, which promises four days of music and empowerment, is set for July 4-7.
Along with Uncle Charlie, the 19th annual event will feature more than 30 musical acts, including Jill Scott, Maxwell, Keyshia Cole, New Edition, Brandy, LL Cool J, Mint Condition and Bridget Kelly. Also, pastor Donnie McClurkin and Tramaine Hawkins will be honored with a not-to-be-missed gospel tribute, according to Essence.com.
In addition to the evening concerts, the Essence Empowerment Experience will feature daily seminars on healthy living, career and work advice, education reform, civil rights, relationships, style, beauty and more. The Rev. Al Sharpton, Rep. John Lewis and Dr. Steve Perry will be on hand to speak as well.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12287Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11384Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6956Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6508Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4900Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4357OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3734Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3632How to help tornado victims
- 3582Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3172Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients