Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart returning to X-Men with "Days of Future Past"
Director Bryan Singer took to Twitter (@BryanSinger) today to announce that Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen, who played Professor X and Magneto in the first trio of X-Men films, are returning for “X-Men: Days of Future Past.”
The 2014 film will be the sequel to last year’s successful reboot “X-Men First Class.” Singer also verified that “First Class” stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult and Jennifer Lawrence will return for the follow-up, although “Hunger Games” fans already knew Lawrence was on board because of all the schedule juggling that resulted in the Oscar nominee working on two franchises.
In “First Class,” McAvoy and Fassbender played a young Prof. X and Magneto; Lawrence played Mystique and Hoult played Beast.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients