What to do in Oklahoma on Nov. 28, 2012: Cheer on the Oklahoma City Thunder vs. James Harden and the Houston Rockets
T0day’s featured event:
Tonight, we Thunder fans welcome our once-beloved Beard back to Oklahoma City. Watch the sparks fly as the OKC Thunder take on the James Harden-led Houston Rockets at 7 tonight at Chesapeake Energy Arena, 100 W Reno.
Harden was traded from OKC to Houston just days before the season tipped off in a shocking deal that brought Kevin “KMart” Martin, Jeremy Lamb and a trio of high draft pick to our fair city while shipping The Beard, Daequan Cook, Cole Aldrich and Lazar Hayward south of the Red River. To read The Oklahoman’s NBA expert Darnell Mayberry’s thoughts on Harden’s return to OKC, click here.
Whether fans are watching from home on Fox Sports Oklahoma, like me, or from the seats at The Peake, here are my thoughts on how OKC should greet The Beard: We should remember the good times we had watching him play in Thunder blue and as an OKC representative in the Olympics. We should cheer loudly when he is introduced and then shift our focus to rooting for the Thunder. We should cheer him at the end of them game. We shouldn’t boo. That’s not the OKC way.
Thunder up! For more information on the game, go to www.nba.com/thunder.
For more events, go to www.wimgo.com.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17897Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15383Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11506Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11200'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10732Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9276OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8256Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6910Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6624Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6479Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients