Video: Toby Keith releases 2nd preview of "Hope on the Rocks" music video, full version due Friday
Like the first preview, which dropped earlier this week, the second introduces some of the characters featured in Keith’s mature and melancholy story-song about a bartender encountering the hurt and displaced folks that drift in and out of our lives. “Hope on the Rocks” is the title track to his new album, as well as his favorite song on his latest annual release.
“There’s so many people in your life that you forget about — and everybody has ‘em — but it’s those people that it’s like there are two or three years and you see them every day. … There’s so many of them that go by the wayside like that that have problems that you don’t know what happened to them,” Keith told me in an interview last month.
“It was a long process. Like ‘Should’ve Been a Cowboy’ I wrote in 20 minutes; this one had to have more thought put in it ‘cause it’s a lot deeper song.”
To read more of my recent interview with Toby, click here.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients