Video: Toby Keith "Hope on the Rocks"
Oklahoma country music star Toby Keith, who earlier this year won the Country Music Association video of the year award, has released the new music video to his latest single, “Hope On The Rocks.”
Already in heavy rotation on CMT, GAC and TCN, “Hope” is directed by Keith’s longtime collaborator Michael Salomon. In their latest work, Keith plays the song’s bartender protagonist and ably shepherds his flock of lost souls through life’s low moments.
Keith and Salomon have a long-running history of success, with their their videos ranging from the farcical (“As Good As I Once Was,” “Stays In Mexico”) to the dramatic (“Bullets In The Gun,” “Cryin’ For Me (Wayman’s Song)”).
And, of course, they are the men behind “Red Solo Cup,” which is already in the books as the biggest viral video event in country music history. With more than 20 million online views and counting, “Red Solo Cup” earned the 2012 CMA for Video of the Year, among many other accolades and records.
“Hope On The Rocks” is the second single from the Norman resident’s 2012 album that shares its name, following the hit single, “I Like Girls That Drink Beer.”
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 25487Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17319Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9536OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8741Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7985Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7943UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7139Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6051Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5454Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4574Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients