Blake Shelton featured on Christmasy Country Weekly cover
Oklahoma country music superstar Blake Shelton talks about his holiday projects, favorite family traditions and his love of Christmas music in the cover story of the Dec. 10 Country Weekly magazine, on sale now.
The Ada native says in the interview that having a holiday album has always been a dream of his, but it’s one that he may not repeat.
“Things change, but I don’t plan on ever doing another Christmas album,” he tells Country Weekly. “That’s why we went all out. It was important to me that we didn’t skip out on important things to make it easy.”
The Tishomingo resident will host his first Christmas special, “Blake Shelton’s Not-So-Family Christmas,” from 9 to 10 tonight on NBC after “The Voice,” the hit reality show that established him as a popular television personality.
The Country Music Association Entertainer of the Year and reigning CMA and Academy of Country Music Male Vocalist of the Year will be joined by his Grammy Award-winning guest stars Miranda Lambert, his wife and fellow Tishomingo resident; Reba McEntire, a fellow Oklahoma native; and Kelly Clarkson, his “American Idol” pal, on songs including “Let It Snow,” “There’s a New Kid in Town,” “Oklahoma Christmas” and “Home.”
The special also will feature a very special duet with Shelton’s mother, Dorothy Shackleford, with whom he co-wrote the song “Time for Me to Come Home,” as well as a number of comedy bits featuring special guests Christina Aguilera (NBC’s “The Voice”), Larry the Cable Guy and Jay Leno (host of NBC’s “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno”).
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients