Toby Keith's "Hope on the Rocks" video outpaces "Red Solo Cup"
When Oklahoma country music superstar’s Toby Keith’s “Red Solo Cup” became the biggest viral event in country music history late last year, the notion of matching that success seemed far-fetched. Until now.
The Norman resident’s latest video “Hope On The Rocks” has crossed the 2 million views mark less than a week after its Nov. 30 release, according to a news release. The official video has received more than 1.4 million views on YouTube alone.
A much different clip from the raucous “Red Solo Cup,” the video for his current album’s title track is nevertheless drawing viewers at a record pace. Built around the Oklahoma native in the protagonist’s role as a bartender, the black-and-white mini-movie follows the song’s many characters through life’s struggles.
Directed by his longtime collaborator Michael Salomon, the video is also in heavy rotation at CMT, GAC and TCN. The single also is racing up the country charts.
In addition, Keith was recently named one of country music’s top-earning musician by Forbes.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients