What to do in Oklahoma on Dec. 7, 2012: Hear Six Market Blvd. at the Wormy Dog Saloon
Today’s featured event:
Hear Texas country band Six Market Blvd. at 9:30 tonight at the Wormy Dog Saloon, 311 E Sheridan. Doors open at 6 p.m.
The chart success, widespread radio airplay and swelling fan base has made Six Market Blvd. one of the most talked-about rising bands to break out of the Texas music scene this year. The Stephenville-based Texas country quartet’s sophomore album “Shake It Down” has spun such a massive buzz since its independent release in May 2012 that demand for the record has busted through the Midwestern seams. Clearly seeing the mass appeal, Nashville-based Vision Entertainment, in partnership with Thirty Tigers via Red Distribution, re-released the album nationwide Nov. 20.
With “Shake It Down,” the follow-up to their 2010 debut “Running on Seven,” the band constantly shakes up expectations, from the country romp “Santa Fe Train” that turns positively Beatlesque by the time it pulls into the station to the lovely waltz “The Painter” with its mesmerizing accordion. Their current single “Say It” opens the album with a gritty blues-rock groove, while “White Goose” floats in heartache on an island breeze.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17844Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15135Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11465Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11153'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10637Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8906OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8210Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6899Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6524Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6213Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients