"Top Gun" to get 3D IMAX and Blu-ray releases in February
“Top Gun,” Paramount Pictures’ 1986 blockbuster from director Tony Scott producers Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer and movie star Tom Cruise, takes off on a new adventure with an exclusive six-day 3-D engagement in select IMAX theaters beginning Feb. 8.
The film has been re-mastered for the IMAX 3-D release and subsequent debut on Blu-ray, according to a news release.
“Top Gun” was re-mastered for the big screen from high-resolution original negative scans and painstakingly converted to 3-D by Legend3D. According to the release, Scott the process before his death in August.
Rendered in 3-D, the film’s complex, long shots reveal extraordinary depth and clarity, allowing viewers to explore every detail of the action. From the spectacular aerial dogfights to the intense close-ups in the cockpits, each frame enables the audience to feel a part of the story.
The story of an elite group of pilots competing to be the best in their class and earn the title of “Top Gun” captured the imagination of a generation and earned a worldwide box office of more than $350 million upon its release. The film stars Tom Cruise as Maverick and Kelly McGillis as his civilian instructor. The film also stars Val Kilmer, Anthony Edwards and Meg Ryan.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients